Working at Te Kaihau
Senior Co-design Consultant
Te Kaihau Ltd is a small consultancy based in Wellington that focuses on growing leaders to innovate for a better future. We work with the government to foster innovation through co-design with stakeholders, facilitating peer support for intrapreneurs in the public sector, organisation development to remove barriers to innovation, and coaching. We work with universities running our programmes to raise innovation capability with a social purpose. Te Kaihau won a United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and BMW award for our global impact on fostering cross-cultural leaders in social enterprise to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Te Kaihau has several projects that need an injection of skills in co-design to pull together public sector organisations with their stakeholders to make new ideas happen.
The successful candidate will lead Te Kaihau’s co-design consultancy work, and contribute to Te Kaihau’s wider business to grow leaders who innovate for a better future.
The key focus of this role is to develop new co-design projects that link the public sector to their stakeholders. Outcomes from these processes are improved joint diagnosis of issues, joint problem solving, joint decision making, joint implementation, and joint accountability. Results may include improved legislation, funding mechanisms, social equity, social development, efficiency, effectiveness, and cross-agency relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Lead Te Kaihau’s co-design opportunities. There are two current opportunities:
- There is an immediate opportunity to support the public sector and stakeholders in a process to successfully implement the medical cannabis legislation. High level skills are needed in co-design, facilitation, education process, and group process. Knowledge is also needed in the medical cannabis industry.
- There is an emerging project to co-design and implement a process that raises higher order education in tertiary education organisations.
Contribute to Te Kaihau’s other projects:
- The Global Enterprise Experience (www.geebiz.org) is a global programme that won a UNAOC award for its global impact on fostering leadership, UNSDGs, social entrepreneurship and cross-cultural skills across the participants from 700 universities and 100 organisations in 120 countries. The programme would benefit from skills in raising sponsorship, developing a UNSDG award, and growing the coaching programme to support participants.
- Export Bridge links universities, mainly in the United States, to New Zealand emergent exporters to provide market research and market development. The programme would benefit from marketing it to additional universities.
- PeerUp (www.peerup.nz) facilitates public sector intrapreneurs to provide peer coaching to colleagues to help them make public sector projects happen. The programme won an open tender with the New Zealand Treasury and State Services Commission as an avenue for fostering efficiency and effectiveness in the public sector. The successful applicant may be asked to set up and facilitation some of these group coaching programmes
- Two new experiential education qualifications are under development to foster innovation in the public sector. These qualifications would benefit from contribution to educational design and marketing.
- We have ongoing organisation development consultancy work with boards, senior management and high growth entrepreneurs. High level skills are needed in facilitation, governance, strategic thinking, venture capital financing, innovation and business development.
Contribute to Te Kaihau’s marketing and performance through:
- Strategic planning and collaboration with Te Kaihau colleagues
- Business development
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Attract sponsorship for the Global Enterprise Experience
- Undertake personal development in skills useful to Te Kaihau
- High level co-design experience and knowledge, especially developing joint solutions between the public sector and stakeholders
- Knowledge of the medical cannabis industry
- Experience in the tertiary education sector
- Innovation experience and knowledge
- High level facilitation skills
- Design and lead effective inter-agency workshops that lead to change
- Knowledge of governance, management and business strategy
- Proven business development capability
- A passion for experiential education
- Strong skills working across cultures
The position is based in the organisation’s Wellington office.
Confidential enquiries and applications should be directed to Deb Gilbertson at Te Kaihau Ltd by Tuesday 17 November 2020.